The UMCs align their research agenda with social issues, such as the increased number of chronic illnesses and the rising costs of healthcare. This takes place at the national, European and international level. This allows the urgent issues to be addressed. The UMCs actively take part in Dutch top sector policy and in setting the agenda of the European Commission for Research and Innovation.
The basis for responding to issues is shaped by:
- The strong scientific foundation that the UMCs have thanks to their close relationship with the university;
- The strengthening of cooperation with private parties.
- The UMCs can fulfil their public task together; for example, by increasing their mutual cooperation or by bringing about an improved relationship between patient care and research.
- Ten principles for Socially Responsible Licensing
- Toolkit Socially Responsible Licensing (Word)
- Toolkit Socially Responsible Licensing (pdf)
- Factsheet SRL
- Research and Innovation with and for the healthy region
- NFU Position Paper on FP9
- Agenda of the European Commission for Research and Innovation
- Sowing the seeds of success
- About the NFU
- Education and training
- Research and innovation
- Patient care
- Quality of care
- Working conditions employees