The goals of the UMCs by 2020 are to further elaborate and implement the future scenarios; if necessary, to expand the educational capacity of the UMCs in order to arrive at optimal and efficient use of healthcare professionals; and to optimise the ‘éducation permanente’, i.e. continuous vocational retraining and additional training of healthcare professionals.
The future scenarios for education and training are as follows:
- The medical specialist advanced training will become more flexible;
- The medical specialist will increasingly be freed of simpler tasks, allowing him/her to focus on the complex healthcare issues;
- Cost savings due to decreased efforts spent by medical specialists on less complex healthcare issues and tasks;
- Cross-discipline education will become more efficient because the education will be spread out over several disciplines.
By executing and implementing the future scenarios, the NFU hopes and expects to contribute - via the content of its medical education programmes - to the discussion on the future of healthcare in the Netherlands, provided by motivated and expert professional groups, with excellent quality, accessible to and affordable for everyone who needs this care.
- About the NFU
- Education and training
- Research and innovation
- Patient care
- Quality of care
- Working conditions employees