The NFU’s administration consists of the chairpersons of the eight boards of directors of the university medical centres. The NFU’s chairmanship is held by a chairperson of one of the eight UMCs and has a term of two years.
- Mr prof. dr. E.J. (Ernst) Kuipers, Erasmus MC (Chairperson)
- Mr mr. J.F.M. (Jos) Aartsen, UMCG (Deputy Chairperson)
- Mr prof. dr. W.J.M. (Willy) Spaan, LUMC
- Mr drs. W.J. (Wouter) Bos, VUmc
- Mr drs. L.A.M. (Leon) van Halder, Radboudumc
- Ms prof. dr. M.M.E. (Margriet) Schneider, UMC Utrecht
- Mr prof. dr. J.A. (Hans) Romijn, AMC
- Ms prof. dr. M.P. (Marja) van Dieijen-Visser, Maastricht UMC+
The administration is represented and supported by three executive committees: steering and financing, employment conditions and substantive issues. The latter is divided into education and research, which is chaired by a dean, and training and patient care. These executive committees are staffed by the assembly of financial directors, P&O directors and medical directors, respectively. General process and content support is provided by coordinators, policy staff and the secretariat of the NFU office.
The UMCs have had their own UMC governance code since 2008, which is derived from the Dutch healthcare governance code. This UMC governance code takes into account the specific responsibilities of the UMCs with respect to – among other things – higher education and scientific research, training and the associated care.
- Cao University Medical Centres 2015-2017
- About the NFU
- Education and training
- Research and innovation
- Patient care
- Quality of care